Saturday, September 14, 2013

Still recovering from computer crash

After being without my computer for a good 10 days, I kind of had time to think about how dependant I have become on it!! I had a back up to use for some things, but my software for my cards and invitations was stuck somewhere on that damaged hard drive. Boy, was that a stressful time. Luckily, I have a very good computer friend, who does this kind of thing for his job. He was able to take care of it all for me, talk to the dell people, get me a new hard drive AND a new mother board, and retrieve most of my files. Now, the problem actually was something Dell had done last month when they came out for another problem.. Long story, but now, I am going to have to take it up with them to see what they are going to do about it.. Fun fun fun.....

I am a bit behind, and trying to catch up but in the mean time, I had time to work on another project that doesn`t require the computer... This summer, my two friends and I worked for days, on a vision we had. It was a one time adventure and we had the best time.... We took old pieces of scrap wood, and joint compound and went to town.... we spread tables and cloths out in my craft room and started designing and putting together our thoughts.....

We call ourselves... "Crown Creations" and decided to have three themes.. Crosses, Nativities and angels.... Our goal was to make enough to be able to have in a Christmas Show here in town in November. Well, we have over 70  pieces ready to take and set up to sell that first week of November. Most are finished but one more day is planned to finish the rest and put the tags and prices and bubble wrap them all to pack up. It was a great summer adventure and our hope is that the people who buy them will be blessed by the meaning and love that was put into making each one. They are all different and unique, none are just like the other one....

As I stand and look over the floor at the finished ones, I am amazed at all we got done on those summer days.... My thanks to Jo Anne and Lisa for joining me in this project!!






Yes, some still need a bit of touch up, some gold added here and there, and some flesh to the face but mostly, they are finished....Stay tuned for information about the Briarwood Christmas Show, Nov. 6 and 7, here in Birmingham....

Pleased to be linked to Sunday Sketches HERE
Have a great week,
Love,
Jane

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! These are really amazing! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are truly amazing pieces. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly beautiful. Good luck with your show in November. I don't think I am that far from you so I will look forward to more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your angels are beautiful and precious! I love how you did these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is just gorgeous! Very impressed

    ReplyDelete