Friday, November 30, 2012

And so it begins...

December!! how can it be here already, I am wondering. Seems like this year has flown by. But as I realize tomorrow is December, my mind gets excited for real. December means Christmas is right around the corner, and with Christmas and the celebration of His birth, comes all the decorations and cooking and parties. This year, I was ready for a few new looks at my house. I don`t NEED anything. I am overwhelmed with thoughts of going through each and every room of my house and getting rid of things!! But as soon as I spotted Christmas things in the stores, I have been getting a few things and putting them into a box in my garage. My eyes always gravitated toward the silver/gold items. Sparkle things always win in my mind, so my collection began. The Dollar Store was a favorite to collect things. Some of my favorite finds are from there.... glittered gold/silver (I am sure that is called a color but I don`t know what it is, so I will just call it gold/silver or silver/gold!) Thursday was the day I had on my calendar. A friend was coming over to help me get my thoughts together for the dining room and front door.. I pulled all of my loot out, and he picked through it and came up with these looks, which I am most excited about!! I may not want to take them down after the first of the year!
This is the banister going upstairs, it is on a new garland that I got that is not only battery operated but has a timer on it!! Can`t wait to try it out... Then I had envisioned the chandalier with a wreath hanging under it and ornaments hanging down, like I had seen on a recent trip to London at Harrods..... he took the other battery operated/timer garland and wrapped it around the lights. We used these long ornaments that I had gotten... your guessed it... at the Dollar Store. (told you I love that place!!) This is the after look. It doesn`t show up as good in the picture but it is really sparkly and has a lot of bling!
This is a repurposed wreath on my mirror. I took the old wreath from years past, apart and used the reindeers from the Dollar Store, cutest ornaments ever, glittered and bells hanging around their necks. Added a bit of burlap ribbon and more gold ribbon to tie it all together. Then it was time for the front door.....
After the house has been decorated, time to sit back and enjoy the season. We have been looking forward to this weekend for months. Sandi Patti is doing her Christmas concert in Atlanta, and we got our tickets a long time ago. My sister and I are so excited and can`t wait, the husbands will come at the last minute after the games are over, to meet us there!! she has been a favorite for years. What a great way to start off the Christmas season. We had time this afternoon to go to Phipps Mall to walk around. They had beautiful Christmas tress set up but Santa has not arrived there yet! Still fun to walk around...
Happy Christmas season to you all!! Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment