Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer coming to an end

Wow, this summer has flown by. I had so many things on my to do list and only a few of them marked off!! I guess they will have to wait, but in my down time, just me and myself, whether I have done my to do list or not, I sit in my spot, pull out my pens and pencils and start drawing. There is just something about that quiet time, that I love... I don`t always finish projects, and I usually don`t just work on one.. That is the way my brain works.. all over the place. Too much to do, too many ideas, so I start one, then go to the next. Maybe one day, I will pace myself to just start one idea, one project and stay with it until completion.. But for now, I feel like my ADD brain, just does what it wants to do, when it wants to do it!!

This week, I was working on several little drawings, trying to get some of little children and thoughts to share. With school starting and so many mothers sending off those little ones for the first time, it made me concentrate on that..... My little 5 year old grandson, Heston, was one of those who left the nest for the first time. Believe it or not, he actually survived and had fun!

Here are some of my drawings for the week.





Happy Sunday!! hope you all have a wonderful day. Linked in with Sunday Sketches today. Go check out the awesome work that is shared on there!

Love,
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Your sketches are beautiful and so cute! And I like the quote very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet and wonderful sketches! I'm glad your grandson had a good time at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, these are so cute and I love every single one of them. The gold crown is darling and I love the stripey pants! :)

    ReplyDelete