Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guest Blogger, Debbie Reynolds

Friends, I am so excited to share with you my first guest blogger. Debbie, from "Oh so shabby by Debbie Reynolds" has come for a visit. Debbie started her facebook page almost two years ago and now, has over 138,000 likes. She is a very talented designer, photographer. She shares pictures and inspirational thoughts on her pages and reaches so many people each day who relate to what she has to share.

She has included one of her DIY projects that she made and sold for about a year before she started her pages.. I have had the pleasure of meeting Debbie, and she is just as genuine in person as she comes across on her pages.

So, welcome to Debbie !!



Hello everyone, I'm Debbie from www.ohsoshabbybydebbie.com and the facebook page Oh So Shabby By Debbie Reynolds. I feel honored that Jane would ask me to be a guest on her blog. I so admire her, and her beautiful work. I started my FB page in Jan. of 2011, three months after my Mother's sudden death. Nine months to the day of my Father's death.

God has taken that page, and made a difference not only in my life, but the lives of others. He so often has me writing my life's stories, about the many places he has taken me. The many trials I needed to go through, in order to be a voice of understanding, to those that he placed in my path. I am so humbled by the page, and how it has grown in two years. There are times I am like "Lord, you are putting many in my path, I only pray that I always hear what it is, you want me to share on my page".
About one year into the page I thought a blog would be a nice addition, so Mr Shabby, and I set out to do just that. Now, mind you I didn't want another home decorating blog.. While I love them, and follow a few, I knew that my blog needed to be a reflection of what I was doing on my FB page. I needed to reach people's hearts. So, today not even one year later, the blog has taken off, God has blessed it, the FB page, me, as well as so many others. I get hundreds of emails and private messages daily from people thanking me for a story I may have shared about my life, a quote that touches them, or simply just a photo that gave them peace. Both my FB page and blog are to inspire hope, faith, instill peace that only God can give.

He is an amazing God, and I feel that he can reach people in places we never dreamed he would.. Jane thank you, for allowing me to share with your readers, my story, and why I feel God has me here on FB, and the blog..
I'd like to say that the photo you see will be on the March cover of Women to Women Ministries.

When I took this photo, in March of 2012 this weed as well call it in the middle of nowhere, it was like I heard God say "He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God makes from the beginning to the end." Ecclesiastes 3:11
I find that is so true.. As I see this weed, take on life, and beauty in ways that many just look passed.

Debbie
 


DIY
Old gold or brown frames from the thrift store or mirrors
Chalk Paint from Michael`s or Hobby Lobby
Paint and distress and here they are!



Thank you Debbie, for stopping by and for your words of inspiration and encouragement for us.
Have a great day everyone!
Love,
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jane, for asking me to Guest your blog.I so love your work.. And have never been asked to guest a blog.. First time for everything. I can't think of a nicer person to share with..~Debbie~

    ReplyDelete