Friday, May 25, 2012

Praying for a miracle for Laura

My heart has been so heavy lately as I am following a sweet Mother`s caring bridge page about her journey with cancer. Laura Black has had cancer for over 5 years, pregnant when she first found out. It looks like she has been in constant battle with it for all of these years. Her recent diagnosis of it spreading to her lungs, spine and liver has been her platform to cry out to God for a miracle.


One might ask, "How in the world can she get up each day and fight?" I don`t even imagine that is an option for her. The answer is a bold, she is a child of God and in saying that, she has the eternal "Hope" in Him that he offers to all who believe. Laura is a huge messenger for Christ. She didn`t ask to be in this place, on this journey, but He chose to put her there and she is doing all she physically can, to speak out for Him. He knew that when she was born, she would be right here, right now, fighting for her life, being a warrior for Him in every breath she takes. I am amazed and in awe as I read her letters to her children that she posts for all to see. In doing so, she not only is instilling in them the word, but sharing His word with so many other people. It is evident by comments to her Caring Bridge page that she is touching stranger`s lives. People who do not even know her, have been touched in countless ways and are praying for her miracle.


I only know her through friends, but feel like I know her intimately through her words that she writes so beautifully. Caring bridge is such a tremendous tool for those going through trials. It is a way for everyone to keep up with the daily happenings. For Laura, it is a way to cry out to the Lord and to ask others to join her in praying for her miracle. She knows that God may give her that healed body in Heaven, and she is not afraid to die. She has said that. But she is begging Him to allow her to raise her three children.


As I read her thoughts each day and eagerly wait for her updates each day to know how to pray for her, it brings me back to when we were doing the caring bridge for Mother. I went back through some of the entries this morning and found devotions, thoughts, scripture that are so relevant for any of us going through trials. They are prayers that can be lifted up for any of us.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lblack
Today, I post some of them, directing them especially for Laura Black. Praying for her to have a good day, relief from her pain, no nausea, for strength and comfort from God as He shows her His direction for her life that He has planned. I pray for family time with her children and husband and parents, to be sweet, sweet time for them to love on each other., quality time , just for them.......


So I start off with a devotion that a friend had sent me called, "Adversity".

I am not a careless God. In fact, because I am perfect in all my ways, it is impossible for me to be careless. However, when I allow difficulties to come into your life-events that you know I could have prevented-you may feel as if I am being careless with you. In those times, remember that I have fully equipped you to handle whatever comes your way. What you need is help in using the equipment.
It is important not to be surprised or alarmed by the many trials that enter your life. Until you reach your ultimate home in heaven, you will be at war. Adopting a wartime mentality makes it easier to handle difficulties as they arise. you don`t waste time and energy bemoaning your circumstances, and you avoid the trap of feeling singled out for hardship. I do indeed equip you to be ready for adversity and handle it well. But you have to make the effort to use what I provide, My presence, My word, My spirit.
The bottom line is that I am continually with you, holding you by your right hand. As you follow the pathway , be aware that you do so in my strength. I strengthen you so that you can persevere in your journey and also glorify Me along the way. Some bring glory while enjoying vibrant health and multiple successes. Others glorify Me in weakness and ongoing struggles, suffering well in the midst of adversity. Know that I am smiling on you whether your path is arduous or easy at this time. Continue your journey in My strength, which is limitless.
"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. " Matthew 11:28-29


A great verse to hold onto each day....
"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


"The sovereign Lord is my strength" Habakkuk 3:19

There are two days in each week about which we should not worry.... Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension. One of those days is yesterday. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word said. Yesterday is gone...
The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow. Tomorrow is beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow`s sun will rise, whether in splendor or behind a mask of clouds. But it will rise. Until it does we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This leaves only one day.... today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down. Let us therefore live one day at a time..


Grace Helmets 
We need God's grace; the equipment that God provides to give us that extra strength and protection we will need for the battle we are headed into.Right now, you may be in one of those seasons where all your human resources are totally inadequate to keep you going. Here's God's open invitation, recorded in Hebrews 4:16, our word for today from the Word of God. "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Grace is God's enabling power that sustains us when we're running on empty. It's sort of like a reserve fuel tank that kicks in when our emotional and physical fuel tank has run out. And it's not just generic grace, you know, "one size fits all." It's customized grace, specially designed for the kind of situation you need it for.
His grace really is enough for you, no matter how desperate the situation. Because He's said "your strength will equal your days" (Deuteronomy 33:25). Whatever the burden, He will match it with His grace. More than match it, if you'll go to His throne of grace to get it. You have to go for the grace that this moment requires. No matter what hits you, God is no less in charge; His plan is no less on target. Things may be out of your control, but they're never out of His control. If you trust Him, He will give you just the equipment you need for the battle you're facing, because God's plan will not lead you where His grace cannot keep you.


One of my favorite songs ....

I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need

Whom have I in heaven but You
There's none I desire beside You
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need


This is a devotion that Mother shared with me early on in her journey, one that had meant a lot to her....

The book of Revelation emphasizes what John and the other disciples knew all too well, no matter how hard things became for His followers, Jesus was always in charge. John walked with Jesus for three years, witnessed miracles, observed his Lord`s death on the cross and personally saw Jesus as a risen Savior. In the midst of hard times, Jesus offered John comfort. Imagine Jesus laying his hand on John and saying, "It`s O.K. I`m alive and never going away.!"
When the unsettling storms come, we need to know where Jesus is. Revelation reveals that He is close. Imagine. he lays His hand on your shoulder and confidently say, "It`s O.K. I`m alive and never going away!"

In closing I am including a sermon thought I heard not too long ago titled,

"Players for the Kingdom"

It was about a baseball player who sat on the bench most of the time. One day, late in the game, a player was taken out and he was called to go in.

He couldn`t go in if he had not been prepared. If he had not practiced and been ready when called, he could not have played.

Such is our life as a Christian. When God calls us for a certain walk, no way could we do it if we were not prepared. Prepared daily with His word, prayer, fellowship with other believers. Without God, the hope we have in Him, we would be nothing. It is our job to be prepared, to be ready when called by God..

Laura is such a living example of being prepared to walk the walk God has given her. Through her battle, she has put on all of God`s armor, she is fighting the best fight she possibly can. When she is weak, it is the fellow believers walking with her, that lift her up to tend to her physical needs. But when her strength is gone and she cannot go on , it is her Lord God who is carrying her, with His strength. She is His voice to so many. Many lives are being touched and through her story, she is impacting many Players for the Kingdom of God!


Deuteronomy 31:6   Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

Dear Lord,
Hear our cries to You, we come before You Boldly, asking for a miracle for our sister, Laura Black, we ask for complete healing of her body, Lord. We pray for the cancer to be gone, for her body to be strengthened each day and for her to be able to be here on earth to raise her three precious children. She is such a warrior for You, Lord, use her for Your will. Let others be brought to You through her. Let her feel all the love, all the prayers being lifted up for her today, let her feel Your presence in a huge way, take away all fears, give her time to be with her family, without pain, ..... and Lord let her know how much she is loved....

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment