Saturday, December 3, 2011

What are our gifts to lay before the King?




As I was sitting in my CBS leadership this week, our prayer chairman had the best devotion for us. She has been on a journey these last two years, that few can even imagine, among our group. She lost her husband and was left to raise three children alone. I say alone, but not true at all. She has today, and had with her husband, the assurance of the Lord, leading and guiding her and her family. What faith, what trust.... that is what it is all about after all. She inspires all who hear her each week and this week was no exception. She was talking about Advent.... meaning waiting........ anticipation..... for Christ`s return. She quoted the song, "The Little Drummer Boy" and we listened to the words, really listening......

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum


"Our finest gifts we bring? that are fit to lay before the King?"
What are our gifts to lay before the king?
What do we give?
What part of our hearts can we give?
Our love? Our time? Our conversation?
These gifts, that don`t cost us anything,
bring blessings unlimited..
In this busiest time of the year, we search for the perfect gift
It is our quest to find the perfect gift,
but if we have Jesus, we already have the perfect gift.
Don`t leave Him out of this most special time of year.
Don`t let them take Him out of Christmas.

Next time we see someone who needs a smile, or a kind word, or a listening ear or a hug, remember those gifts that we can give and willingly lay them before our King...

No comments:

Post a Comment