Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wedding weekend

What a party we had yesterday... The weekend is over but what memories were created at the wedding celebration last night. Brent and Lacy were married last night at 6:30 and it was the perfect day. The weather was sunny and beautiful, no rain in sight.

We had the rehearsal dinner at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame Museum downtown Birmingham and it was the perfect venue for a party. Lots to look at on the walls and a huge atrium on the first floor where they set up the tables for dinner. Full Moon catered and the brisket and chicken were great. We added some lemon ice box pies from a good friend`s restaurant, The Cedar House, and we it was completed!!!

The wedding was beautiful... the bridesmaids wore black strapless dresses and the groomsmen had champagne colored vests and bow ties, very handsome... The pale pink roses in the bouquets were soft and beautiful with a hint of baby breath mixed in. It was a bittersweet moment for me, after I got to my seat, to look at my whole family up there and so proud of them, but to know that the seat behind me was empty where Mother would have been. She would have loved the whole day and we missed her so....

Gracie was able to help with several things for the favors.... loved to design these candy wrappers for the tables. I found some cute little bride and groom boxes from the Dollar Store and decorated them to use for place cards at the table. I love that place. You could find all sorts of goodies there to use..

Now, with the festivities behind me, I find that I have a refrigerator and kitchen full of left over food!! Cakes, pies, brisket, and more cake..... Gotta get that wrapped up quick and into the freezer!!

I feel so blessed to have all this happiness in my life today. Friends and family gathered with us yesterday to celebrate the union of Brent and Lacy and it was great to be together for a happy time. Good luck and congratulations to Brent and Lacy Lazenby!!! I love you both...



No comments:

Post a Comment