Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday drive

Today, I had been invited to a bridal tea for the son and future bride of my special friend, Amy. It was in Moultan, Alabama... which I had never been to, but found out it was a little drive past Cullman. Tom graciously said he would drive with me. He did a bit of looking online and found what sounded like a good restaurant for us eat lunch at there in Cullman after the tea, so he was happy...

We made the drive in 1 1/2 hours from Birmingham, not too bad. The tea was very nice... and I enjoyed seeing the bride to be and talking with her family. Soon though, it was time for us to leave and I had gotten some pointers from the local ladies as to where to go, and what to see around town.  We first stopped at a Bakery, that is run by Amish people. They make everything fresh there. It was quite the store. We browsed a bit, found some peach jam, peach salsa and a great crumble cake to bring home.. Then we found the restaurant, All Steak, right in the middle of Cullman, on the top floor of a bank building. We ate too much but it was good and imagine my surprise when she brought out "orange rolls" for dessert!! They were the best I have ever eaten....

My friend, Lisa,  told me about this store when she heard we were going in that direction toward Cullman. It is called Southern Accents Architectural Antiques Store and is right  there in the heart of Cullman. So we ventured on over...... and this is what we found...


I have been very interested in these antique stores, wondering where people are finding these great vintage things to use in decorating... Loved this place!! But, after seeing the prices, I am thinking that I may need to find a Scrap store, to browse in! Still , it was fun to walk around and see everything. They had the most beautiful old doors, 100`s of them, lined on the walls...

This was the back door entrance to explore.... and right there on the street were all of these antique tubs!!


Then inside....these beautiful glass knobs, which I love!!! Only problem was... these were about $55 a piece. I had seen some last week at another place here is Birmingham for $20 and thought that was a bit high but now, that is looking pretty good!



Loved these old locks for the doors but again a bit high.
 Does it count as going "antiquing" if you only look and not buy?!!
 If so, I had a fun time antiquing on this beautiful Saturday in Cullman....

Have  great weekend!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment