Sunday, July 31, 2011

Peach Banana Nut Muffins

I was in a hurry the other night and looking for something to make for dinner for a bread. I don`t always have bread but for this night, I was kind of hungry for some. I found a banana nut muffin mix in my pantry so I pulled it out. Looking at my counter with all those fresh peaches lined up, I picked up a few on them and cut them up to add to the mix. They were yummy!! They almost tasted like a peach cobbler, sort of, but really good. I would definately cook them again!

I love fresh peaches! My Grandmother use to make the best peach meringue pie. It was a cooked crust with a peach filling then what we called "the mile high" meringue! It was a sight to behold and I can never in a million years measure up to that meringue that she made!!

So, as I write this,it is making me want one! I am thinking I may go into the kitchen and get one of those peaches, peel it, cut it, put it in the bowl, get a spoon and come in the den to sit down and enjoy my midnight snack!! I love summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment