Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flour, sugar and eggs!

Well, I finally have started a blog for Gracie and me. Gracie was started about 4 years ago at my kitchen table. It was just a thought that got put on paper and has grown with new designs on my note cards each year. I have tried to move into the computer world with a web site for the note cards, Gracieandco.com, and I even have an Etsy site for Gracie . The only thing missing in my computer world, was a blog. I have enjoyed reading and keeping up with family and friends on their blogs so now, I can be a part of the blog world for Gracie. I actually already have one for my other business, 2 Stitches, so it is only natural that Gracie gets one too.
But, enough about note cards for tonight. Today was about cooking. I always look forward to my Christmas cooking. I love to bake sweets, that is my weakness for sure. Of course, I have to taste my finished baked goods to be sure that they taste alright, and that is where I get into trouble!! Right now, I am pleasantly full of all my "tasting" from tonight!! I went through a bag of flour and almost a bag of sugar, confectioner sugar, eggs, milk and my always, must use ingredient .... almond and vanilla flavoring. I made my usual Mississippi Mud Cake. I can not even begin to count the times that I have made this most wonderful chocolate treat. It is fairly easy because you don`t have to use the mixer, just mix the melted butter and ingredients on the stove top in the pan then............... the sinfully, most delicious part..... the chocolate icing, made from scratch. Then I made some lemon squares and sugar cookies with a pecan on top. Now I have to deliver the plates of cookies tomorrow. I will probably have one more day of cookie baking with Lindsey and Lara. We try to do that every year, our own little tradition. I think Rebecca and Heston might join us this year for the festivities. That will be when we do gingerbread men and the pressed sugar cookies with colored icing and sprinkles!
I have done pretty good this year with the details of my list of things to do. before Chirstmas. As I get older, I realize that I don`t move quite as fast as I use to, I don`t shop quite as long before my back hurts, as I use to, I don`t clean quite as quick or as good as I use to but.............. I have things done, just the same. Presents bought, presents wrapped, decorations out and around, not much left except time to enjoy being with family and friends. Time to enjoy the season, time to reflect on the reason of the season, time to thank God for sending His son, time to celebrate the birth of Jesus all those years ago. Time to be thankful for all God has given me. It has been a great year and so much to be thankful for.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year!!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment